Friday, August 23, 2013

$0.99 #Kindledeals - Paranormal Romance Silver Lake!

A celebratory 99 cent sale on all e-formats!  Kindle link: http://amzn.com/B009AEE6DO

It's my baby's first birthday!  No, not one of my wonderful sons--they are well past the toddler stage.  But a year ago this week, my debut novel, Silver Lake, was published by The Wild Rose Press.  While the "official" release date was September 14th, 2012, there are occasions when different vendors will make a title available before or after the publisher's release date.  So one night last August, as I was playing around on the internet to avoid being productive (something I never do, wink wink)...I typed the title Silver Lake into the Amazon search box and THERE IT WAS!  My beautiful cover and 4 years of hard work, finally available.  I was ecstatic, overwhelmed, and terrified.

After waking my husband to share the news and texting the friends who would overlook the fact that it was 11:00 pm, I went to bed.  I did not, however, sleep.  I was way too keyed up.  Would people like it?  Would reviewers be kind?  The day I'd dreamed of for 4 years had arrived...sleep was out of the question.

My excitement spawned a stretch of insomnia like I've never experienced.  I love sleep.  But that week, it was physically impossible.  And while I didn't regret it a bit, I was disappointed that it happened the very same week my sister had her second baby.  I was on deck to visit the following week and help take care of the baby.  I showed up floating on cloud 9 and half out of my mind with exhaustion!  But between the two of us and her amazing husband, we managed to each carve out some REM time as we cared for a newborn and her less-than-thrilled 3-year-old sister.

My new niece

Since then, it's been a roller coaster year with thankfully more "ups" than "downs".  My second paranormal romance, Gull Harbor, released in February, and has remained a Kindle bestseller in its category since April.  In June, Silver Lake was one of 14 paranormal romance finalists at the 2013 RomCon.  I've spoken at presentations, signed at book stores, and discussed my books on radio and television.  Has it been stressful?  Oh, yes.  I've had to come so far out of my comfort zone, I'm not even sure I can find my way back.  But my books mean that much to me!

I've included the blurb and links for Nook and Kobo below.  I hope you'll take advantage of the anniversary sale and try Silver Lake!

Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/silver-lake-kathryn-knight/1112989132?ean=2940015628333

Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/silver-lake

Blurb: 

Rain Anderson can’t decide which is more unsettling—encountering the ghost of her missing friend, or reuniting with the man whose love she foolishly rejected. But one thing is certain: the past has come back to haunt her, quite literally.

Five years ago, Rain’s tight-knit group of high school friends unraveled when one vanished during their senior year. Now, a parent’s deathbed request has reunited the friends at Silver Lake, including Jason Lansing, the man Rain discarded.

Rain and Jason discover the powerful attraction between them has survived, but though Jason is willing to forgive, he can’t let himself forget. The possibility of falling for Rain again is too risky.

Slamming doors, crashing objects, flaring fires—clearly the ghost has a message to share. As Rain and Jason struggle to unravel the truth, they must face a desperate spirit in need of help…and a burning passion that refuses to die.



No comments:

Post a Comment