Monday, June 12, 2017

Signing #Books in #Falmouth! #CapeCod Events

Signing books with my author friends at our
Shanty along Hyannis Harbor...a 3 day event!
I have one more event coming up to finish off a crazy haze of busy days! For 9 hours a day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I signed books and chatted with visitors to Hyannis, as one of the local authors, artists, & crafters showcasing their work in the Hyannis Harbor Artist Shanties.  It was a lot of fun, but very tiring after three long days in the sun.  Then, instead of settling back into my usual routine on Monday morning, I was off to New Hampshire, for a two-day orientation for my son's college.  So many information sessions have my mind reeling.  But as I sit in a dorm room writing this, I feel like I have a good handle on all the things we have to do to get ready for freshman year.  When I return home tomorrow night, it will be a quick turnaround to get back to Hyannis for Week 2 of my Fiction Writing and Publication Class.  


Then, this Wednesday, June 14th, I'll be participating in a Bingo Night Fundraiser in Falmouth.  This is a monthly event, and I participated last month for the first time and had a blast!  The suggested donation is $20 (proceeds to the March of Dimes ~ March for Babies [Team Noah and Chase] and Boston Children's Hospital Give a Smile campaign this month), and that gets you 20 games (wear purple for a bonus card!). Complimentary light appetizers, dinner and desserts available for order, and a cash bar too!

Where do I fit in?  There are a whole bunch of local artists and vendors setting up for shopping before and in between the games, and we've all donated to the cause as well as offered prizes for raffles.  The complete list of vendors is below, so if you're in the area, please consider stopping by!  

Wednesday, June 14th

5:30 to 9:30 at the Holiday Inn Cape Cod
291 Jones Road Falmouth

Shop with local artists and vendors:


PartyLite, LuLaRoe by Brooke, Thirty One, The Pampered Chef, Arbonne, Athena’s, Younique, Paparazzi Jewelry, Ruby Ribbon, Reine’s Creations, Nanny’s Knits, Pruvit, Tupperware, Dragonfly Dreams, Tastefully Simple, Cape and Island Candle Co., Kathryn Knight Books, Scentsy, It Works, Touchstone Crystal by Swarovski, Limelight by Alcone, Sophia’s Crafts, Washashore Whimsy, Cape Cod Kettle Corn, LuLaRoe by Stacy, Chloe’s Coastal Creations, Carole’s Jewelry Design & MORE!


Each Bingo Game winner scores a prize donated from one
of the vendors...what will my basket be this month?


Thursday...REST!

No comments:

Post a Comment