Sunday, January 12, 2020

#Authors...Need More #Reviews? Join the Winter Games Event! #writerslife #writingcommunity #amwriting


Winter Games begins Feb. 1!
Consumers often rely on reviews when making purchases...I know I do!  And on retail sites, products--including novels--with more reviews usually receive the most visibility in searches.  A reader can't even consider choosing a title they've never even seen or heard of, and the book market gets more crowded by the day.  A new title gets added to Amazon approximately every five minutes.

On Amazon, the largest online retailer for e-books with 88.9% of the market (Bloomberg), only about 5 to 10% of consumers leave reviews after a purchase.  Everyone is busy, and I know even if I love a product, I often never get around to leaving a review.  (One of my resolutions is to do better with this!)

Enter Winter Games...an event that brings readers who review together with participating authors for a month-long event.  I was one of the authors in the Summer event, and I had such a great time, I wanted to spread the word to both interested authors *and* readers for this upcoming winter version.

Full details, FAQs, and sign-up forms can be found on our host's website here.  

Direct link to Author sign-up is here

Direct link to Reader sign-up is here

One important note...a Facebook account is required, even if it's not a very active account.  The events, book offerings, and communication all take place in the FB group.

And while there's no limit to reader participation, there *is* a max number of authors, so if you're interested, hurry!




6 comments:

  1. Would love to read your books, especially the ghost stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Hope to see you at the event, and I hope you enjoy my stories if you give them a read!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I hope you'll be joining us for Winter Games :D

      Delete