Monday, July 24, 2017

My #Books on Display at #Mashpee Commons! Cape Cod #CapeCod #amreading

A few weeks ago, I went into our bank, Cape Cod 5, to set up a new account for a high school reunion I'm planning (the 5th one I've done, and no, I wasn't an officer, I'm just apparently a glutton for punishment), and I noticed the table in the lobby had a display set up for a new salon opening in the Mashpee Commons, the quaint shopping center where the bank is located.  At the time, I thought, "How nice for the bank to help promote the new shop," and I grabbed a little bag of sample products on my way out.

The next time I went back in, there was a new display for a different local business, and it clicked for me that the salon promotion wasn't simply part of a temporary shout-out for a new store--different businesses were being featured every few weeks.  So my mind immediately went to a program I participated in last year, at the bank my husband's office uses in Falmouth, the next town over.  That bank, Rockland Trust, decided to dedicate space to summer reading and highlight local authors, and they displayed my novels for a week, sold copies, and had me in for a signing on the last day, which was great fun and well attended.  

Photobombed at the Rockland Trust
book signing last summer!

Actually selling products (my novels) is different from displaying signs and offering samples and coupons, but I decided it didn't hurt to ask Cape Cod 5 if they'd consider promoting my local "business"...it never hurts to ask, right?  They said absolutely, and were happy to offer me TWO weeks of displaying my novels and accepting payment for any sales made.  This is a fantastic opportunity to increase my visibility--even if people just take postcards or business cards, now potential readers who may enjoy my stories know they are out there!  

If you're visiting Cape Cod from June 24th through August 5th, stop by the Cape Cod 5 in Mashpee Commons and pick up a signed book! The address is 10 North Market Street, and the "Commons" is a destination in and of itself, filled with familiar shops, unique boutiques, and wonderful restaurants.  Then grab a beach read (for something set on Cape Cod, try #1 Amazon Bestseller GULL HARBOR or my new release HAUNTED SOULS, both steamy romances mixed with ghost mysteries), put up your feet, and get pulled into a page-turning story!

A dangerous ghost and an ex-boyfriend await psychic Claire Linden
in Cape Cod's Gull Harbor...Steamy Romance + Spooky Suspense

No comments:

Post a Comment