Sunday, August 28, 2016

Art, Word, #Wine Cape Cod ~ #Book Signing #Dennis #Barnstable #Brewster

It’s almost here ~ the most exciting book signing I’ve ever done.  Over the years, I have participated in some great events, but this Tuesday night will be more like something out of my wildest dreams: I’ll be part of a nine-author panel which includes some very well-known authors such as Mary Higgins Clark, Hank Phillipi Ryan, Sally Gunning, and Jacquelyn Mitchard.  To say I’m honored to be in such company is an understatement!  We’ll all be there for a fantastic cause: to help raise money for Dream Day on Cape Cod, a wonderful charity that brings children with life-threatening illnesses to the Cape.  I eagerly agreed to do the event with no knowledge of who else would be participating; to combine an opportunity to help children with a chance to share my novels is something I would gladly do any day.  But oh, how I wish I had video of my reaction when I first saw the promotional flyer and understood I’d be sitting at a table with Mary Higgins Clark!  I can still remember discovering her books as a preteen and sharing them with my best friend, a fellow reader.  Clark is an author whose books I read and re-read dozens of times, and the idea of not only meeting her, but signing books alongside her, literally takes my breath away! 


Art, Word, and Wine will be held at the Cape Cod Museum of Art on Tuesday, August 30th, from 4 pm to 7 pm.  There is a $20 admission at the door, which goes to Dream Day on Cape Cod, and the authors are all donating profits from books toward the fundraising as well.  So if you’re in the area, come meet some famous authors, find some new reads, and enjoy wine, cheese and crackers, and artwork in a beautiful setting, all while helping Dream Day on Cape Cod achieve its mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment