Thursday, September 7, 2023

Garnets - My Birthstone Book Stack Challenge & More on January's Gem! #birthstone #bookstack #bookchallenge #garnets #january #birthday

I love doing different 📚 book challenges on Instagram, and I recently posted this pic of my version of the 💎 birthstone stack challenge!  My birthday is January 13th, which is a whole 'nother post on why I consider the number 13 lucky!  So my birthstone is the gorgeous garnet, and I have loved it since I was little.  Although garnets come in many hues, most people associate the garnet with a brilliant deep red...which happens to be my favorite color! (I mean, look at my blog design, lol).  The name "garnet" comes from a word for pomegranate, the dark red fruit known as "granatus" in Latin.  Garnets are thought to offer protection and healing properties, which I definitely appreciate!  With its ðŸ”Ĩ fiery brilliance, garnets represent passion, creativity, and strength...pretty appropriate symbols for this romance author ðŸ’– and fitness instructor ðŸ’Š!  Over the years, I have received many pieces of garnet jewelry, which is very special to me...I included most in my photo.  And another wonderful and personal tie for me...it's also my younger son's birthstone.

The books in my stack are:

ðŸ”Ū Wizard and Glass by Stephen King...one of my favorite novels in the epic fantasy The Dark Tower series

☗ The Dark Tower by Stephen King...the final 7th book in The Dark Tower series

🏰 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets...second in a series that is special to me because I read it aloud to my sons

ðŸĶĒ Swan Song by Robert McCammon...a fantastic post-apocalytic thriller with supernatural elements (if you enjoyed King's The Stand, don't miss this one!)

❓ Do you like your birthstone or own anything with it?


No comments:

Post a Comment