Sunday, November 3, 2019

Lunch with the #Authors of #TWRP! Cape Cod #writerslife #amwriting #NaNoWriMo

Authors and President of The Wild Rose Press in Hyannis
Another wildly busy month is over...somehow October always flies by, which is a shame since as a fan of all things spooky, it's my favorite month!  Our weekends were filled with events--all fun ones, thankfully.  We had Parents' Weekend at UNH for our college kid, a 30-year-reunion at the Coast Guard Academy for my husband's class of 1989, a long girls' weekend away to Seattle with my BFFs (we all turned 50 this year and went to visit the one friend who ended up on the West Coast, since she always comes to us), a visit to a historic lighthouse and home now owned by the Coast Guard (a property that once included a small-pox hospital--book idea?), my first time seeing Sweeney Todd at a local theater, a book signing event, and Senior Night soccer game for my high school kid.

The view from our VRBO in Seattle...overlooking the harbor and Pike Place

It now seems like a long time ago, but in the middle of the month, I also had the pleasure of having lunch with the president of one of my publishers (The Wild Rose Press) and some local authors who also write for TWRP.

Last time the president of the company was here on Cape Cod was 2015, when she spoke at the Cape Cod Writer's Conference, and we had quite a group of authors together for lunch.

It's such fun to get together and talk shop with other writers, especially since writing can be such a solitary endeavor.  This month is National Novel Writing Month, which involves trying to write 50K words--nearly an entire novel--in 30 days, so I'll be quite a bit less social in November, as I work to finish the first draft of Ghost Moon, my 7th novel.

We had a wonderful meal at The Black Cat, right on the Hyannis waterfront, and I was able to catch up with a long-time author friend and meet a new one.  This event was much smaller than the last publisher lunch, seeing as how it was fall on Cape Cod as opposed to summer (and a Nor'Easter dumped wind and rain on the Cape all weekend as well).  But we had an intimate lunch filled with both work and personal topics, and lots of laughs.

Now, back to my NaNoWriMo daily word goal...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment