Monday, December 11, 2017

Holiday Nut Mix ~ #recipes Homemade Gift idea #Christmas

I am not a crafty person.  I'm creative, in terms of dreaming up plot twists and developing characters, but the closest I usually get to designing gorgeous gifts or beautiful centerpieces is adding pictures I love with instructions I know I can't follow to my Pinterest boards.  I'm in awe of people who have that kind of talent.

But I *can* follow simple recipes, and a few years ago, my sister-in-law, who always hosts Christmas with a dazzling display of gourmet food and stunning displays, served a nut mix that I just couldn't get enough of.  And hey, it's nuts--a good for you food, packed with protein, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.  Even with the seasoning, it's a better choice than baked goods filled with refined flour and sugar.

So I asked her for the recipe, and now, around the holidays, I make huge batches to send to friends and family.  It's both spicy and sweet, and--warning--highly addictive.  I buy cute jars with chalkboard labels to package them in, and I send them out to the people I won't be able to see over the holidays and to the people I want to thank for making my life easier throughout the year.  Here's her recipe, in case you want to try it:

Love these cute
chalkboard jars!


2 1/2 cups of assorted unsalted nuts - I used cashews, almonds, walnuts, and pecans

2 T fresh coarsely chopped rosemary - luckily, I have a rosemary plant on my patio!

1/2 t cayenne pepper - use less or leave out if you're adverse to spicy

2 t dark brown sugar

2 t sea salt

1 T melted (unsalted) butter

Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.  Mix the remaining ingredients.  Toss the nuts with the mixture in a large bowl.

Yes, that easy!  Enjoy :)


And remember - reading is the ultimate stress-reliever, so if you need a good book to help de-stress during the holiday rush, try one of my romance/ghost mystery mixes...many of them have been #1 Kindle Bestsellers, and they offer hours of page-turning relaxation and entertainment.  Gull Harbor is everyone's favorite--arriving in Cape Cod, psychic medium Claire Linden is ready to try to rid her temporary home of a dangerous poltergeist...but she's stunned to find her ex-boyfriend, the man who once promised to love her forever, hiding out in the same small town.


A #1 Bestseller, a Top 10 Read at MyShelf Reviews, a Reader's Crown Finalist

Claire was such a popular character, she returns for a cameo in Haunted Souls, my most recent release...but the main characters have their own story that revolves around a soldier returning from combat to discover he has a son, and a desperate single mom trying to make things right as she confronts a haunting mystery.  


A #1 Bestseller, a Reader's Crown Finalist, an Amazon Encore selection

Silver Lake brings a group of former friends back together to try to solve the mystery of their friend's disappearance, after they begin to suspect she's trying to communicate from beyond the grave.  What really happened to Brandy?  (Read for free if you're a Kindle Unlimited member!)

And if you enjoy Young Adult novels and/or more traditional paranormal romance, try Divine Fall, a story about the world's last Nephilim...as an outcast from both worlds, he'll risk his life to seek his revenge...but will he risk hers?  Relive first love and lose yourself in supernatural secrets and suspense! (Only 99c on Kindle!)


Winner of the Reader's Choice Award in Young Adult and a Reader's Crown Finalist


Look for the "Give as
a Gift" button on the left!
If you have readers on your list, you can also send an e-book as a thoughtful holiday gift for less than a card!  Happy reading and happy holidays!






3 comments:

  1. Copying and saving the recipe. Sounds delicious. Like you, I'm not a crafty person and while I love to cook, I'm not one of those people who can cook anything and have it come out looking perfect. I can follow a recipe, though. And there are so many things I can't eat, so nuts are one my favorite go-to snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, Joanne, thanks for stopping by! xo

    ReplyDelete