Friday, June 21, 2013

Cover Contest- Please vote for Silver Lake! Kathryn Knight

What an exciting Friday!  The official release day for Gull Harbor, and the first day of Silver Lake's first contest.  This is really a vote for Kim Mendoza, one of The Wild Rose Press's talented cover artists, and we would both love to have your vote here (entry #7) at the You Gotta Read website:

http://yougottaread.com/vote-now-for-the-june-2013-cover-contest/

No sign-up needed, just click on the link and vote!  I truly appreciate it.  While I have very little artistic talent myself, I was able to convey my thoughts on a dream cover for Silver Lake and select the artist.  Some of my visual inspiration, including the pictures I sent in, are here on my Pinterest board for Silver Lake.  I think Kim did a fantastic job in creating a spooky and mysterious feeling for this ghost story/reunion romance.

My brand new release, Gull Harbor, also has a Pinterest board here.  Friday, June 21 is this novel's "official" release day, which means the title is now available in all formats - e files for every reader as well as print paperbacks.  I have my author order on the way and I'm very excited.  There is nothing like seeing you book in print, despite the ease and popularity of e-readers (more on print vs. e-books here).  That said, the Kindle Select Program was an absolutely amazing experience and Gull Harbor has remained on the Top 100 Best Sellers list on Amazon since April! 

Once my print copies arrive, I'll be ready for some author signings.  The biggest one for me is usually the gym where I work!  My class members and clients are very supportive, and those without Kindles have been waiting patiently.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping Silver Lake does well in the contest.  My first novel will always have a special place in my heart, and I'm thrilled Gull Harbor's success is giving Silver Lake more exposure.  Thanks for celebrating with me, and I appreciate your vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment