Thursday, June 16, 2016

#Book Signing at #Bourne Library - #Ghosts + #Romance #CapeCod #amwriting

My very busy new release schedule continues, and I'm thrilled to be the Author of the Month for June at the Jonathan Bourne Library.  I'll be there on Tuesday, June 21, at 7:00 p.m., to talk about my latest novel, HAUNTED SOULS.  This is a steamy military romance mixed with a ghost mystery.  Like my #1 Kindle Bestseller GULL HARBOR, this book is set on Cape Cod, where I'm lucky enough to live.

The Old Jail at night
My home of the last 17 years is perfectly suited to the mingling plot-lines in this story--or maybe it's the other way around, and the Cape inspired a story that could only be set here.  The initial inspiration certainly came from a local landmark: in historic Barnstable Village, the oldest wooden jail house in the entire country, originally built in 1690, remains to this day on scenic Route 6A.  The structure has been preserved and is now open to visitors--if you don't mind the ghosts, that is.  According to the Cape and Islands Paranormal Research Society, the Old Jail is actively haunted by those who perished in the harsh conditions.  When my sister was visiting, we took a "haunted historical tour" which began and ended at the Old Jail, and as we listed to stories about the place, I wondered, "What if a ghost followed someone from the tour home?"  The idea was born.

I don't want to give to much away, but as the story developed, it became clear to me that one of the protagonists was in the military, sent overseas for several years.  Cape Cod has a large military population, with Joint Base Cape Cod hosting multiple military services.  In fact, we landed here through my husband's Coast Guard assignment.  Our neighbors and best friends are also a military family (Air Force), and their knowledge helped me form Brett's backstory.

I hope you'll give HAUNTED SOULS a try for your next summer read--steamy romance mixed with spooky suspense, something for everyone!  And if you're in the Cape Cod area, put Tuesday night on your calendar and join me.  We'll chat about Cape history and legends, light refreshments will be available, and I'll be signing copies of all my books, including this one.  For additional info, visit the Bourne Library Events Page.


No comments:

Post a Comment